Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tough Trip

This has been by far my toughest trip to Alaska. I am physically and emotionally drained. My grandmother passed away a little over a week ago. She was just coming to live in Montana (after having spent the first 82 years of her life in California). We were all so excited to be able to spend lots of time with her-especially Lauren and Cole. I miss her soo much! I am really feeling a pull to be with my family more than ever. If you do anything tonight, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you!

2 comments:

Kris Kanenwisher said...

We're keeping an eye on your family/house from across the way Sorry again to hear about your grandmother.
Safe travels and look forward to hearing about the adventures this time..

Papabloger said...

Brooke,

I have already sent an e-mail to tell you how precious you are to me, but one can never do it too often. I know Mom/Grandma/GreatGram smiles everytime we do it. Remember to listen carefully and watch for signs that she is at peace and extremely happy. I know in my heart that a rainbow that comes from our sadness is the fact we realize that family and friends are truly lifes' greatest treasures. We have been blessed and so have Lauren and Cole. I love you, Mom