Sunday, April 19, 2009

Food for Thought


Anyone that knows me knows how much I like to cook and bake. And I still enjoy it while working in the frozen north! In fact, it is one thing that helped me to feel "normal" while I am here. Each time we travel here my PIC (partner in crime Kathy) and I make our meal plans. We have started bringing more and more in the way of groceries with us. Food is quite expensive here (Read: one gallon of milk and a box of cereal= $20). This time, we actually packed lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, apples and strawberries in our suitcases! It also helps the time to pass quickly when you can sit down to a nice home-cooked meal with someone else!

Our first night here, we had salad and pasties- Yum-Yum! Sure beats cans of soup and packages of oatmeal!

No comments: